Illuminate Research Pty Ltd trading as koji (ABN 75 148 071 710) respects your privacy when you participate in one of our surveys. Your participation is very important to us, and we value the information you provide. Our relationship will be one of respect and consideration. We have developed our own privacy principles which comply with the Market and Social Research Privacy Code, the Privacy Act 1988, and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and all other applicable laws regarding privacy and electronic communications.
- Your privacy will be respected, and the confidentiality of your answers will be maintained as described in this policy.
- Your personal information (including address, email address, name, and phone number) and identifiable individual responses will only be used as described in this policy and will not otherwise be disclosed to anyone without your permission.
- We will clearly represent to you what we are doing when we engage you in a survey.
- Our research is not a guise to sell you something or to ask for money.
- Your decision regarding participating in a study, answering specific questions, or discontinuing your participation will be respected.
- We will do our best to make your participation in a study a pleasant experience.
- We will maintain high standards of professional conduct in the collection, handling and disclosure of the information you provide.
Use and Disclosure of Non-personal Information
We will use aggregate information (information that does not personally identify you) collected through the surveys for market research activities. We only share information with our business partners in an aggregate, anonymous form, which means that the shared information will not contain or be linked to any information that personally identifies you, unless you specifically consent otherwise. Unless you specifically consent otherwise:
- individual answers to questions from you may be shared with our business partners, but those answers will not be labelled with or linked to, your personal information; and
- to the extent that you provide us with personal information in your responses to a survey, that information is aggregated when shared with our business partners.
The organisations, or types of organisations with which we share such information, will generally depend on the nature of the survey or other market research activity in which you participate.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Unless you specifically consent otherwise, we will only use your personal information (such as your name, email address, phone number, and other information that specifically identifies you) for the following purposes (and no other purposes): (1) internally at Koji to directly contact you regarding research; (2) to respond to your questions sent to us; (3) to compile the aggregate information described above; (4) to fulfil any incentive or reward which you have earned, such as forwarding your email address to the vendor that will redeem a coupon you have received; and (5) if required to release personal information because of a court order, government agency, or by law. Your personal information will always be collected with your consent and only by lawful and fair means. We will not sell your personal information to any third party. However, your personal information may be transferred to another company if there is a sale or merger of Koji or the division responsible for these services.
Personal Information from Individuals under 16 years of age
Koji does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16 years unless a parent or guardian of that individual has expressly consented to such collection. Koji will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that such parental consent is validly given.
Data Transfer And Storage
Koji operates globally and may transfer or store your personal information in locations around the world, including in a Cloud. Whenever your personal information, collected with your consent, is stored, transferred, or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. When using or disclosing personal information transferred from Australia, we will obtain commitments to maintain a level of protection for your personal data that is equivalent to the protection offered under Australian Privacy Principles.
Access to Personal Information
If you wish to access any personal information that Koji holds about you or request that your personal information be destroyed, deleted or de-identified, please send your request to us either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Level 4, 300 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000. While Koji is happy to assist you free of charge and within a reasonable time, Koji has the right to deny your request in certain circumstances. Koji will notify you by writing when the requested change has been made.
Complaints and Updating Personal Information
Last Policy Update
This policy was last updated on the 29th November 2014.